Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Apple-Raisin Monkey Bread

I decided (at the last minute, of course), to make Apple-Raisin Monkey Bread for breakfast today for my first grade team.  Yes, I know...I'm SO nice!  hehe.  Long time ago, I made monkey bread with my daughter, and it came out too sweet.  So I set out to find a different recipe....at 4:30 in the morning!  Why so early?  Because Austin woke me up and wanted to drink milk!  He eats a lot! 


Anyhow, I found two recipes that I liked and merged them together to make my own!  It was so easy to make and even easier to eat!  (I'm going exclamation mark crazy right now!!!) lol  Both of these recipes are from the Pillsbury website.  I used the Grands! Monkey Bread recipe and took the apple idea from the Country Apple Coffee Cake recipe.  I cut back on the sugar and the butter (of course), and it came out great.  Make sure you eat it warm...because that's the best way to eat it!!!


Since oven temperatures vary, cooking times may be a little different.  The original recipe said 28-32 minutes, but I had to cook mine for 40 minutes...which made me late to my meeting.  I even texted Andrea (my co-worker) to ask her to tell my team that I was coming late...but had YUMMY food!  hehehe  So I guess I made up for it by bringing yummy food!!!  hehehe 

I'll post more photos later.  In the meantime...enjoy this one!  :)

Apple-Raisin Monkey Bread


Apple-Raisin Monkey Bread
(Adapted from Pillsbury)




Ingredients:

  • 1/3 c. sugar
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 2 cans (16.3 oz each) Pillsbury Grands! Homestyle refrigerated biscuits
  • 1 medium apple (small chopped)
  • ¼ c. raisins
  • ½ c. brown sugar
  • ½ c. butter (melted)
Directions:

  1. Heat oven to 350°F.  Spray 9”x13” pan or baking dish with cooking spray.
  2. In large storage zip-lock bag, mix sugar and cinnamon.
  3. Separate dough into 16 biscuits; cut each into 4-6 pieces.  Place into bag.
  4. Close bag and shake to coat the biscuits.
  5. Stir brown sugar into the melted butter and set aside.
  6. Arrange 1/2 of the biscuits in the pan or dish.  Layer with chopped apples and raisins.  Pour 1/2 of the butter mixture evenly on top.
  7. Top with the rest of the biscuits.  Pour the rest of the butter mixture evenly on top of the biscuits.
  8. Bake 35-40 minutes (or until golden brown and no longer doughy in the center).  If the tops turn brown too quickly, place foil over the pan/dish during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
  9. Turn upside-down onto serving plate (so the gooey stuff drips down while it's hot).  Pull apart to serve.  Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment