Sunday, April 15, 2012

Crawfish! Crawfish! Crawfish!

A couple weeks ago, we went to our friends house to eat crawfish.  They asked to borrow a small cooler, so I said ok.  They acually asked my husband.  I thought it was for drinks...but I was wrong.  We used my favorite cooler to store cooked crawfish.  At the end of the night, there was one cooler full of crawfish left.  No one wanted to take it home...not even the home-owners where we had the crawfish feast!  So we got stuck with it.

My drunk husband said he would peel them himself...that same night.  I said ok.  After I took a shower, I felt bad that I wasn't helping him.  So we stayed up until 2am (I think) peeling crawfish tails.  We came home late anyway, so it wasn't like we stayed up for hours on end.  Well, after all the crawfish tails were peeled, I HAD to wash the cooler...3 times!  With soap, then bleach, then bleach.  Now it's all clean!!!

Anyhow, I had to do something with all of those crawfish tails.  Just the already-peeled tails alone filled up 1/2 of a gallon ziplock bag!  I ended up cooking Emeril Lagasse's Crawfish and Cream over Pasta and my very own gumbolaya recipe.  They both turned out very good!  It turned out to be a very large portion, though.  I even feed one of my co-worker too!  hehehe

Crawfish & Cream over Pasta and Crawfish Gumbolaya

No comments:

Post a Comment